It’s the sequel you’ve all been waiting for: Introducing the Jamis Sequel 2020.
Need a do-it-all commuter bike that’s fit to tackle weekend adventuring? Then look no further than the Jamis Sequel commuter bike! With 650x47mm wheels, custom mountain bike style geometry, easy access mounts, and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, the Jamis Sequel handles anything that urban sprawl throws at it plus tougher trails if you’re hit with the adventure bug.
The Sequel stands apart from its predecessor (and long standing customer favourite) the Jamis Coda, a reliable yet simpler commuter series spec-wise.
Here’s why we think you’ll love the Jamis Sequel just as much as we do:
Speedy and comfortable tires
The 650x47mm wheels are smaller than the Sequel’s cousin Coda and make for a more comfortable ride that doesn’t sacrifice on pace. The wider tires absorb a lot more reverb, making tougher terrain cinch.
Similar to a mountain bike frame, the Jamis Sequel features a steel Jamis Size Specific Design frame with a short stem making it swift and super fun to ride. Available in 15”, 17”, 21” and 23” sizes, the cunning commuter suits all riders and their chosen terrain.
Easy access mounts
The wide variety of fork and frame mounts are positioned externally for easy use and accessibility. You can choose to mount fenders, rear carriers, low-rider carriers (cages, water bottle, storage) plus three front triangle water bottles. With a total of 22kg weight carrying capacity you’ll be equipped for all trips and weather conditions.
Hydraulic disc brakes
With self-adjusting Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, changing gears on the Jamis Sequel is easier than in a car. Quick-stopping, reliable and low maintenance, Shimano brakes are top of the range and always get a gold star approval from our mechanics!
- Frame: Jamis Size Specific Design frame geometry, Reynolds 520 double-butted chromoly main tubes, threaded BB shell, chain stay disc brake mounts, 12mm thru-axle , FD mount, dropper post ready, 3 waterbottle mounts, TT mounts, rack and fender eyelets
- Fork: Jamis Chromoly fork, 12mm thru-axle dropouts, 45mm crown, IS mount disc brakes, fender, lowrider and water bottle eyelets
- Wheels: WTB ST i23 TCS 2.0 (UST Tubeless Compliant System) disc rims, 32H, Formula alloy 6-bolt sealed bearing hubs, 14g black stainless steel spokes and front 12mm/ rear 12×142 thru-axle with Switch Lever
- Tires: WTB Byway Tire with DNA compound, 650 x 47c
- Chain: KMC X10
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG500, 10-speed, 11-42T
- Pedals: Platform style, alloy
- Brakeset: Shimano BR-MT200 hydraulic disc brakes with resin pads, Shimano 160mm stainless 6-bolt rotors and Shimano BLMT200 levers
Time to take it for a spin?
If you’re ready to make friends with the superstar commuter Jamis Sequel, you can book in for a sanitised and fully-instructed test tide with one of our trusty Velo team members! We’ll help you with adjustments, supply you with a helmet and accompany you during your test ride. To book call (03) 93810088.
FREE Velo Pro Delivery
During lockdown restrictions, you can get your Jamis Sequel delivered FREE by a VELO PRO who will personally deliver your new bike to your door (plus accessories), and help with adjustments so that your new bike fits perfectly.
VELO LOVE CLUB
If you purchase a new bike with us, you’ll receive FREE membership to our VELO LOVE CLUB (valued over $500). Benefits include:
- 1hr mechanic servicing per year.
- 10% off bike parts during your service.
- Priority service if you have an emergency.
- Guaranteed access to loan bikes.
- Members-only shopping nights.
Velo Cycles: 815 Nicholson Street Carlton North. Open Mon-Fri 8-5.30, Sat 10-4.